TriMet provides bus, light rail and commuter rail transit services in the Portland, Oregon, metro area. We connect people with their community, while easing traffic congestion and reducing air pollution—making the Portland area a better place to live. More
How to Load Your Bike on the Streetcar
- When the Streetcar arrives, allow other passengers to exit and enter first.
- Board with your bike through the low-floor center section of the Streetcar.
- Inside, look for the signs that show where bikes may be stored.
- Use the designated bike areas only, with one bike per space.
- Always yield priority seating areas to seniors and people with disabilities.
- Keep your bike as clean as possible, and take care not to brush it against others.
- No part of your bike should block the aisle.
- Folding bikes are welcome on board. Just make sure it doesn't block the aisle.
- Always walk your bike in station areas, transit centers and pedestrian corridors.
Sharing the road safely
When buses, trains and bikes share the road, it's even more important to drive and ride safely. Important safety tips for cyclists